Winehouse is located 200 meters from the Winehotel Sziluett, which is also part
of our business.
the Wine House website by clicking on the link below!
The original building of
the wine house was built in 1834 and the work was ordered by Antal Balla, the
main tax collector of the town of Gyöngyös. The cellar was dug at the end of 18th
century. Uncle Antusz planted the plane tree in front of the house in 1836. In
1994, the building was rebuilt keeping its exterior appearance. It has been
rebuilt based on photographs and a paintings. It has an architectural monument character.
guests can enjoy the natural environment in the shade of the plane trees in
summer on the semi-covered terrace in front of the wine cellar. On the terrace we
can accommodate up to 60 people.
place consists of 2 parts. In the direction of the inner part of the cellar folk
art carved painted furniture can host up to 32 people. In winters we try to
increase the comfort with a fireplace, but the inner spaces have cellar
atmosphere, so the average temperature is 16 to 18 degrees Celsius.
cellar hollowed out in petrified volcanic ashes is the most authentic spot for
wine tastings and wine tasting dinners. Up to 70 people can be accommodated
here. By keeping the cellar in its original state, the traces of pickaxe are
still visible today. 14 degrees Celsius is the constant temperature and humidity
is 90 percent.
For wine selling purposes we are open every day. Dining options are
available from 1 May to 1 September every Saturday. In other cases groups will
be accepted by advance arrangement.